Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30.

We look at each other
we don't say anything
except pupils become beds to rest on
we don't say anything
your top lip rests its sides on the bottom,
inviting me to lick my tongue
between
I remember
in high school
falling in love with the way you talk
your chin, your lips, these
teeth
dancing for me
oh it has always pulled me
you have always pulled me
more recently, it has been with your hands
the way you talk with them
rolling your wrists, pointing
fingers
as if they are laden with magic
you can't help but weave spells
at each moment

things get complicated
this is not new for us
yet our recipe
of talking seeking understanding
holding then not saying anything
our pupils become each other's beds
(rest in my eyes
they will nourish you)
this recipe feeds us
it will keep us full
I will not go hungry as long
as you know when I'm panic
I will not go hungry
as long as you let me
feed you
we take care of each other
you cook our food
I write you these poems
we both hope they taste right
we both hope to spend the night
as us

No comments:

Post a Comment